India: Emerging Opportunities for NSW Exporters amid COVID-19
India is one of the world’s fastest growing economies, with a population of more than 1.3 billion and an expanding middle class. A ‘top 5’ economy undergoing ambitious reforms, it is an attractive market for Australian exporters.
Despite the economic impact of COVID-19 in 2020, there is strong and growing demand for Australian goods and services. A fast-growing middle class, rapid urbanisation and a stable, reformist government underpins this demand.
- Dianne Tipping, Chair, Export Council of Australia
- Barry O’Farrell, Australian High Commissioner to India, former Premier of NSW
- Peter Varghese, Chancellor of the University of Queensland, former Secretary of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, author of the India Economic Strategy
- Anil Wadhwa, former Secretary (East) Ministry of External Affairs, lead author of the Confederation of Indian Industry’s Australia Economic Strategy
- Jai Patel, Head of India Business Practice, KPMG
- Leon Skaliotis, General Manager, Flavourtech
- Tim Regan, Chief Operating Officer, The George Institute for Global Health
- Margaret Faux, Solicitor, Founder & CEO, Synapse Medical
- Kylie Bell, Executive Director – Trade, Investment NSW