2022 AFRICAN WOMEN TRADING GLOBALLY
Are you a woman entrepreneur* looking to expand your markets overseas?
Would you benefit from practical training to develop your strategy and business pitch?
Then join us for ‘African Women Trading Globally’.
This initiative, funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade will help you to:
- Build your knowledge of international trade;
- Expand your network, including with other women entrepreneurs around the world; and
- Increase your business profile.
By joining this program, you will be recognised as one of Africa’s rising stars and promising small business exporters, and will have the opportunity to attend a special event at the Australian Embassy or High Commission. You will also gain a place in the international Women Trading Alumni, and be able to connect with other women entrepreneurs around the world.
The program will include training sessions, peer discussions, one-on-one coaching, and participation in a virtual pitch event with Australian business representatives.
* To be considered for the program you must:
- Be a woman entrepreneur or business owner;
- Be a citizen of Comoros, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Madagascar, Malawi, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Seychelles, South Africa, South Sudan, Zambia or Zimbabwe;
- Be fluent in English (both written and spoken);
- Have an operating business either producing goods or providing services;
- Have interest in growing your business by engaging in international markets.
The sessions will be delivered between May to July 2022 and cover the topics of:
- Session 1 – Introductions: participant meet and greet
- Session 2 – Identifying your market
- Session 3 – Increasing your sales online
- Session 4 – Making sure you get paid
- Session 5 – Boosting your branding and pricing your offering
- Session 6 – Getting your product and services to market
- Session 7 – Understanding your business model
- Session 8 – Networking session (informal discussion)
- Session 9 – Delivering a business pitch (Tutorial)
- Session 10 – Delivering a business pitch (Practice)
- Session 11 – Delivering a business pitch (Actual event)
If you have any questions regarding the program, please address them in writing to Angela Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking to connect with potential presenters, mentors, partners, buyers and investors to contribute to this initiative. For more information on how to be involved, please contact:
Senior Project Manager, ECA Edge
(02) 8243 7400